Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Been sick, not too much running

Last Saturday I was feeling ok and ran 9.5 miles since the Kenyan Way long run had been postponed to Sunday morning due to the risk of icy roads. I ran the 9.5 miles in about 67 minutes and felt ok, but my legs were kind of achy during the run. I'm not sure if it was the cold or the first signs of me getting sick.

Sunday morning the alarm went off at 5:15 and I got up and went to the bathroom and I felt so exhausted and out of it I just went back to bed. I've felt kind of cruddy ever since and didn't run Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. I was feeling marginally better today and ran 7.5 miles at lunch today in 54 minutes. I wasn't pushing it too hard, but my legs felt kind of achy again. It wasn't a hard run and I wasn't working much aerobically, but I was hoping my legs would feel better after a few days off. I still have a runny nose and scratchy throat and head cold so I'm off to take some Nyquil and hit the sack. Hopefully I'll be feeling good enough to run 23 - 24 miles this weekend since I missed my long run last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment