Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hill workout - 8.5 miles total

I pushed back my hill workout by one day to Tuesday and decided to do a treadmill hill workout again. I would have preferred to have done a workout on the TC Jester bridge, but the treadmill workout was more out of necessity due to my work schedule. The workout was 8 sets of 90 seconds at 6:15 pace with a 6% incline, 1 minute recovery jog, 60 seconds at 6:15 pace with a 7% incline, 2 minute recovery jog.

I did a two mile warmup and then started the workout. For whatever reason, the workout seemed a lot tougher today than when I did it about a week ago. Last time I had the treadmill set at 9.5 mph (6:18 pace) and this time I did 9.6 mph (6:15 pace) but I don't think that would really make that big a difference. I was defniitely struggling more this time and my recovery jogs were much slower. I would have thought that taking Sunday and Monday off would have given me enough recovery that I would be faster and feel stronger today than I did last week. At one point I thought I might need to stop the workout after 4 or 6 sets, but I was determined to keep going and I made it through all 8 sets. I did a one mile cooldown at the end of the workout and did about 8.5 miles total.

I'm definitely getting pumped up about Boston and I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away. I'm definitely feeling more confident about my fitness and mental toughness after last weekend's race. Time to go start working on my packing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment