Thursday, September 24, 2009

7 miles easy

Another day with great running weather. Temperature was about 70 degrees and sprinkling lightly. My legs felt pretty good today despite yesterday's hard workout. My quad muscles felt a little sore like how muscles sometimes feel the day after lifting weights. I felt good and cruised the 7 miles in 50 minutes and averaged about 7:10 pace. I finished the run without a moment to spare. I was about 15 seconds away from the door of the building and I had to stop suddenly and walk as quickly as possible for the bathroom. I might have been in trouble if I were running 7.5 or 8 miles today, but fortunately I was only doing 7 and made it inside in the nick of time. I tried this new organic pecan crunch something or other cereal that i had picked up at Costco. It tasted fine, but that's all I ate this morning and I usually don't have digestive issues during my lunch runs so I'll have to be careful the next time I eat that for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. good to see you back, bud! See you on Saturday morning? Don't be late man... you may not catch us this time. :P j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm setting my alarm earlier tomorrow morning to try to make it out there before the group takes off.

    ReplyDelete