Tuesday, February 24, 2009

4 miles slow

In hindsight maybe I should have just taken the day off. After 74 miles in 7 days with a 20 mile hilly long run on Sunday, my legs have felt shot the last couple of days. After 4 miles of 8:00 pace with tired legs, some minor stomach issues, and no motivation to keep going, I threw in the towel on the run. I figured doing another 4-5 miles would give me more misery than benefit and jeopardize any chance of having a good speed workout on Wednesday. I still think I should be able to hit 68 - 70 miles this week. The good news is that my hamstrings haven't bothered me at all the past couple days. Hopefully the speed workout on Wednesday won't cause any problems. The planned workout is 1600, 1200, 800, 400 at fast paces with 3 minutes rest in between. I scheduled a massage for Sunday which usually helps my legs feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment