Monday, February 23, 2009

7 miles

I was contemplating taking a day off today since my calves were still a little sore and I had done a lot of miles last week, but I decided to take my workout stuff to work and see how I was feeling at lunch.  Sean told me not to do hills today after the long run on Saturday and just to get the miles in today.  If I wasn't going to run, then I would do a little cross training and lifting instead.  When i got to the locker room, two of the faster guys who I occasionally run with were there and about to head out for a 7 mile run so I decided to join them.  It was nice having someone to talk to while I ran and definitely made the time go by a little quicker.  At the end of the run, one of the guys ran a ways ahead of us so I cranked out a really quick last 600 yards or so to catch him before the finish.  My calves were kind of tight, but they loosened up during the run and I didn't have any hamstring soreness at all.  I did the ~7 miles in 50:30.  I haven't measured this route with my garmin before so I don't know exactly what pace I was running.

No comments:

Post a Comment