Thursday, February 12, 2009

Easy Day - 9 miles

I forced myself to go pretty easy today and not push it after yesterday's hard workout. I did just a hair over 9 miles in 68:30 at lunch. It was sunny and in the upper 60's or low 70's. My right hamstring felt kind of tired and sore, but it improved and felt better as the run went on. I could have picked up the pace, but I decided that I really needed to run my easy runs easy to make sure I get enough recovery. After the run I stretched and used the foam roller for quite a while and my hamstring seems to be feeling better now.

I'm off to Colorado for a ski trip this weekend so I don't know how much running I'll get in the next few days, but I plan on doing a long run ~20 miles with some good hillwork in it on Monday afternoon when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment