Monday, February 9, 2009

Kenyan Way Hills

Monday morning I got up early to run hills with the Kenyan Way group. It was misting/light drizzling when I started running and the temperature was in the mid to upper 60's. I was pretty worn out from running long on Sunday and racing on Saturday. I did a 3 mile warmup from my house to the base at Jackson Hill and over to the hills at Memorial and Shepherd. After doing drills and strides, we did 20 minutes straight of the hill circuit. I ran with Andrew and it was a tough workout. We got 18 loops in during the 20 minutes though we started the last one about 5 seconds after we hit the 20 minute mark but I didn't want to finish the workout on the easy segment. After the workout I did a 2 mile cooldown back to my house. Bill was out there and cruising on the hills, but I didn't want to even try to keep with him since I knew he was fresher and going to be cruising fast on the hills. Total mileage was about 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment