Thursday, February 19, 2009

Easy 5 miles

I got up early this morning to go up to work for a 6:00 am run with some of my teammates for the Texas Independence Relay in just over 2 weeks. The plan was for people to run about 5 miles in the morning, 5 miles at lunch and 5 miles in the evening to practice running multiple times a day. I already had some lunch and dinner commitments and I didn't want that much mileage so I just ran the in the morning. We did a little over 5 miles in about 40 minutes. I didn't have my Garmin so I don't know exactly how long it was. My hamstring was a little tighter this morning (probably since I had done speedwork the day before). After running I spent some extra time stretching it and doing some light weights to try to strengthen it. I've noticed in the past that when I am consistent with doing some lifting, my hamstrings don't bother me. When I do hamstring curls, I only use one leg at a time so that each leg gets worked and I'm not using a dominant leg to do all the work. After the hamstring curl, I also did some squats on a machine. After lifting today, my leg felt really good and I haven't noticed any issues with it. I'm planning on 6 - 7 miles tomorrow and then 20 hilly miles on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment