Monday, February 2, 2009

Tempting Death

Probably not really, but I figured I needed a catchy title if I was going to keep people interested in reading about my easy runs.  I had a long day at work and didn't get home until about 8:00.  I'm in a training class most of this week and I don't have enough time to run on our lunchbreak.  I was starving when I got home and I decided to have a peanut butter chocolate chip clif bar before I headed out on our run.  In the past couple of weeks I received a letter and an automated phone call letting me know that there was a voluntary recall on the clif bars that I had purchased at Costco because of the peanut butter salmonella scare.  I decided that the odds of me dying from salmonella weren't worth the hassle of returning it, especially since I had already eaten about 1/3 of the box.  I wonder if I return it with 1/4 of the bars in it, if I would still get a full refund?

Sometimes the hardest part of the run is just getting out the door.  After surfing the web for a while and contemplating whether I should go running, I finally forced myself to get out the door.  The park is pretty lonely around 9:00.  I did a couple loops for 6.4 miles and I didn't wear a watch.  I figured tonight was a good night just to relax and not worry about my pace.  I felt relaxed and I think I was moving at a decent clip, but I wasn't pushing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment