Friday, February 20, 2009

Easy Day - 6.4 miles

After work I ran two laps at the park.  My hamstring didn't feel tight at all at the beginning of the run which was the first time this week it had felt that good.  I was feeling pretty good, but I didn't want to push it too hard since I was doing the 20 miler on Saturday.  I averaged about 7:20 pace the first lap and picked it up to about 7:00 pace the second lap.  By the end of my run, I could definitely feel my hamstring.  After stretching and showering, I put some topical cream on my hamstring that was pretty similar to Ben-Gay or Icy-Hot.  It made my skin pretty hot and feel like it was burning for a little while, but then it subsided and it felt pretty good.  I went to bed between 10:15 and 10:30 and I woke up about 11:45 and the back of my leg and my hand literally felt like they were on fire.  I jumped out of bed and ran off to the bathroom to get a cold washcloth to try to cool it down.   The cold water helped for about 2 minutes and then it started burning again.  After I while I got back in bed and pulled all the covers down and finally it cooled off enough to fall back asleep.  I don't think I will ever put icy hot on my leg in the evening within a couple of hours of going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment