Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slow Recovery Day

The good news is that my hamstring didn't bother me at all today.  It's probably because my calves are shot after yesterday's long run and the soreness in my calves blocks out all the pain in my hamstring.  I ran at the park and felt pretty good other than just running fairly slow.  I ran 7.6 miles in 59 minutes which averages out to about a 7:47 pace.  I've run 74 miles in the past 7 days which is as high as my peak weak training for the Houston marathon.  I'm 8 weeks out from the marathon and I'd like to stay in the 70+ miles/week for the next 6 weeks or so before beginning to taper.  My legs are tired, but I feel healthy and injury free for the most part.  Most of the soreness I have in my legs is more tiredness than injury soreness.

No comments:

Post a Comment