Friday, June 12, 2009

7 miles - hot

I ran with a friend a lunch today around a loop that is about 7 miles long in 50:30. The temperature was about 90 and the heat index was in the mid 90's. I was a little tired today after yesterday's quick run so I was planning on taking it a little easier. We ran at a comfortable conversational pace most of the run until the last two miles where my friend wanted to run sub 7:00 pace. We ran the last two miles in the 6:50's and averaged about 7:15 pace for the run. I probably would have run 10 or 15 seconds a mile slower if I was by myself, but it was nice to have somebody else to run with. It was hot at lunch, but I just checked the weather and the heat index is currently at 102 so at least it was cooler than than if I ran this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment