Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Long Run

12.5 miles - warm and humid. I didn't feel the greatest today, but I made it through the run and was able to pick up the pace and finish strong the last couple miles. I was pretty wiped out Saturday morning after a couple recovery days that were harder than I really needed. We started out around 7:30 pace and I was content to run that pace. I was tired and not real well hydrated so I was just looking to run an even pace. One of the high school guys who has run with us a few times took off ahead and Andrew commented that we'd probably end up catching him later. Most of my miles bounced around between 7:10 and 7:20 - probably depending on whether we had some uphill or downhill in the mile. I made sure to get plenty of fluid at the water stops. Once we left Memorial park on the way back, we picked up the pace and run a couple of sub 6:50 miles to finish. When we were about 1/4 mile from the finish Andrew and I had left the rest of the group and we saw the high school guy up ahead walking and looking pretty tired. We laughed a little bit about Andrew's prediction coming true and as we went by him he decided he needed to try to kick it in with us. He stayed with us for about 1/4 mile before he hit the wall again. I averaged between 7:15 and 7:20 pace for the 12.5 miles. Nothing to write home about but it beat trying to run 12 miles later in the day when the temp was in the mid 90's

No comments:

Post a Comment