Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday - Easy Day

Today was supposed to be a nice easy day just to get some miles in at the park. I ran at the park and the temperature was in the upper 80's when I started. Usually if I am feeling good, I get to the "0" mile marker at the park in under 5:50. I looked at my watch today as I passed it and did a double take when I saw that it was at 5:31. I ended up running my 7.6 mile run in 51:00 flat. My splits were 7:06, 6:56, 6:54, 6:51, 6:44, 6:36, 6:24, 3:31 for 0.6 miles. I guess that's what listening to Linkin Park on the iPod will do to your run. I was really surprised how good I felt and how quick I was moving considering how warm out it was. Tomorrow I will run slow and I'll be out early for the Kenyan Way long run Saturday morning. My wife told me she heard on the radio that it could hit 98 sometime this weekend. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment