Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday 30/30 Speed Workout

Ran a 4 mile warmup with Sean, Luis, Bill and Sam. Goal was to run 3 miles of 30 seconds hard/30 seconds medium somewhere in the 16:00 - 16:30 pace. Temperature around 80 degrees and humid like every other morning for the last couple of weeks. Sam and I got a 30 second head start on the rest of the guys. Sean told us our 3rd mile should be the fastest, but I didn't really follow his advice too well. I hit the first mile in 5:18 and was feeling really good and thought that I could go 16:00 for the 3 miles. I was doing good until a little before 1-1/2 miles where I hit the uphill section along Memorial Dr. Sam had dropped back a little bit and I thought that I wouldn't see him again for the workout. at about 1-3/4 miles Sean and Luis and Bill caught up and I heard Sean telling Sam to keep running hard to try to catch up to me. Sam caught back up and my mile 2 split was 5:42 which was a little disappointing. With about 1/2 a mile to go, Sam ending up pulling ahead of me and I never caught back up to him. My mile 3 split was 5:55 and my total time was 16:55 which I was a little disappointed with. I ran a 1 mile cooldown afterwards for a total of 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment