Monday, October 5, 2009

Kenyan Way Hills

The morning hill workout was canceled because of all the rain, but I left work early enough to get to the evening hill workout (barely). I ran over there from my house and got to the workout just as they were taking off on the first hill. I missed the first hill and then joined in on the 2nd one. The workout was 25 minutes of hill repeats on 2 over the cloverleafs with a walk/jog recovery between them. Sam was out there so I ran with him. We would run up the cloverleaf, walk down the steep section and then jog over to the start of the next hill. The first hill took ~ 49 - 54 seconds to run and then the 2nd hill took about 35 - 40 seconds to run. It was about 90 degrees out and quite warm. It was a tough workout, but I felt really good. I had gotten a massage sunday afternoon and my legs were feeling a lot better and I felt much more rested than the previous days. At the end of the workout I added on 1 more hill to make up for the first one that i had missed early on. At the beginning of the workout, I was running about 54 seconds on the first hill and I finished my last one at 47 seconds. I'm not sure what the distance on it was, but we were moving at a pretty quick pace. After the workout I did about a 3.5 mile cooldown for a total of ~9.5 miles on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment