Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday 10/29 - 6 miles

I only had a limited amount of time to get my run in today so I was only able to do about 6.2 miles though I ran it in about 41 minutes. I headed out the door thinking that it might rain, but I'd rather get wet than run on a treadmill. I made it through about the first 3 miles without it really raining much - maybe a sprinkle here or there, but I could see some pretty dark clouds ahead on my route back, but I thought that it looked like they were south of my route and I'd be ok. I made it a little past mile 4 and the sky opened up and it just started pouring. Fortunately for me my skin is waterproof and I only got drenched. After a couple minutes my shirt was so water logged I just took it off and carried it since it was getting kind of annoying. When I got back to my office, there was a small overhang near the door that goes in near the gym and I wrung out my shirt and tried to wring out my shorts a little so I wouldn't be dripping all over the floor. At my office you have to use your badge to unlock the doors and get into the building. After I opened the door and was walking in I noticed one of the security guards standing inside the door watching me as I was coming in. He asked how I was and I told him it was wet out there. I sort of ignored him and started walking towards the gym and then he sort of follows me and asks if I'm going to the gym. I thought...duh, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and tennis shoes and I'm drenched from being outside. I thought about telling him "no, I have an appointment with the CEO and that's where I'm heading, but I was already having sort of a bad day and didn't really need to start getting into it with Paul Blart. Then he asked if I was an employee. Again I thought....duh, how else could I have gotten into the building without badging in. You were standing right there and I didn't piggyback in behind anybody else, but again I just flashed my badge and said yes and scurried on into the gym. I guess I'm glad that our security guards are paying attention and making sure no troublemaking thugs sneak into our gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment