Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday - Tempo Run

My life's been a little hectic lately. I got a promotion at work, but my life has been pretty busy trying to start working in my new position and finish off a couple of things from my old job so my running hasn't been the top priority this week. Since I didn't get a run in on Thursday, I decided to do a tempo run on Friday so I could get a 2nd hard workout in. The weather was decent out, but a little warm and sunny. One of my co-workers ran with me and planned to stick with me as long as he could. After a 2 mile warmup, we started a 5 mile tempo run. If I were running by myself I probably would have tried to go about 5:45 - 5:50 pace, but i backed off a little bit. My splits were 5:56, 5:59, 5:59, 5:56, 5:52. This was definitely more of an anaerobic threshold run than some of my previous tempo runs. I think I got going too hard on some of the previous tempo runs and turned them more into all out runs at the end. I felt nice and relaxed today and definitely could have kept this pacing going for a couple more miles or picked up the pace some. My co-worker made it to mile two right on pace and then dropped out. I did a 1.5 mile cooldown after the workout for a total of 8.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment