Saturday, May 2, 2009

Running again, not eating so many M&M's

I've had to cut back on my M&M consumption because I'm starting to get a little low so I need to conserve them for the next few days.  As good as much as I like peanut M&M's there are only so many days in a row I can eat them for breakfast or dinner.  Summer seems to have arrived in Houston.  Yesterday (Friday) I went out for my first full run since the marathon.  It was about 82 degrees out and I ran 7 miles in 49 minutes.  I felt pretty good during the run and even knocked out a couple of miles in the low 6:40's during the run.  I think I probably overdid it a little bit on my first run back because my legs felt pretty sore this morning.  I did 4 miles in 30 minutes today.  My legs felt a little tight and sore, but after about 2 miles I loosened up and started feeling pretty good.  I thought about doing another lap at the park, but I was planning on running tomorrow and doing the Kenyan way workout on Monday so I don't want to overdo it right now.

I'm planning on running the Astro's 5k at the end of this month and my goal is to break 16:00.  I expect to take it fairly easy this upcoming week and then start doing some speedwork after that.  I'm getting some pictures pulled together and I think I'll get a few pictures from the Boston Marathon posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment