Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Easy Recovery Day - 7.75 miles

I had to run in the morning before work if I was going to get a run in and I had missed enough other days recently so I made sure to get out of bed and get over to the park. I was pretty wiped out and I knew it was going to be a pretty slow day. I had just gotten to the tennis center and I saw Andrew just about to start his run so I joined him and ran with him for a couple of laps. He's putting in some crazy high mileage weeks building up a strong base and so he was running slow. I think our first two miles together were just under 8:30 pace. We gradually picked it up and I finished the run at sub 8:00 pace, but it was definitely one of the slowest runs I've done in a while. It was amazing how good my legs felt afterwards though. I'm not sure I would have made it almost 8 miles at that pace if I were running by myself, but it was really nice to have someone to run with to take a little of the boredom away. I finished up the run in 62:30 and did about 7.75 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment