Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday - Progressive Run -9 miles total

I've got a really busy work week and missed my run Tuesday. Wednesday morning I ran a 3 mile warmup to where the Kenyan Way group was set up at the park and saw that the schedule had a progressive run. According to the chart I was supposed to finish sub 5:45 pace. Since I had already run 3 miles, I decided to run 6:45, 6:30, 6:15, 6:00, 5:45 for 5 miles and then cool down. I was running by my self and my actual splits were 6:32, 6:25, 6:15, 5:56, 5:35. Even though the times were pretty similar to what I was running when I did the runs with Sean, Bill and Luis, this one felt easier. I think it was easier for me because I could adjust my pace how I felt instead of just trying to keep with the group and worry about getting dropped. I think finishing at sub 5:45 pace is a lot easier than trying to target doing my last mile at 5:30 pace so it was easier for me to run hard on the 5:45 mile since I knew it would be the last one. After the workout I did a 1 mile cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment