Sunday, February 21, 2010

2/15/10 - 10 miles w/Hills

Late Monday afternoon I did 10 miles including 5 miles of tempo-paced hill repeats at the cloverleafs. My hamstring was feeling pretty good and this was the first real hard workout that I had really done since the marathon. I did 5 laps and each lap was 0.97 miles. It was windy out and it seemed like I was running into a head win 75% of the time. My splits on the hills were 6:06, 5:55, 5:49, 5:45, 5:37. I was happy I was able to pick up the pace on each lap and I think that the wind probably added 5 seconds to each lap. I did an easy 2.5 mile cooldown and was happy to have a strong workout under my belt. I ran into Sam who was showing up for the evening workout right as I left and I ran about a mile with him while he warmed up and I was cooling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment