Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monday 2/22/10 - Hill Workout

Since i was still feeling a little under the weather I didn't get up to run the Kenyan Way workout in the morning, but I did a hill workout on the treadmill in the evening after work. I ran a 2 mile warmup and then did a 4 mile brutal workout on the treadmill. I chose the "hill workout" and selected level 13 out of 20 and then I set the pace at about 7:30 pace. The workout started at a 3% incline and then every minute the incline would increase and then drop back down for a minute to 3%. It basically went 3%, 4%, 3%, 5%, 3%, 6% etc, until it got up over 9%. Then it would drop back down to 6% and repeat back up to 9%. At a 7:30 pace, I was just about to fall off the back of the treadmill by the end of the 4 miles. I don't really like running on the treadmill, but at least doing hills breaks up some of the monotony. After a 1 mile cooldown, I stretched and jump roped for 5 minutes and lifted weights for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment