Sunday, February 7, 2010

2/5/10 - 7.5 miles

I went out for a 7.5 mile run Friday evening after work and wore my orthotics. The run was a little long for the new orthotics and my feet were a little uncomfortable by the end. My legs felt a little sluggish during the run and I only averaged about 7:40 pace for the run. It was getting dark by the end of the run and I had to slow down some because the path wasn't always well lit and it was hard to see where I was going.

When I finished running I spent about 40 minutes stretching and lifting. When I do hamstring curls, I do each leg individually to make sure that my dominant leg isn't doing all the work. When I was doing the curls with my right leg (not my sore hamstring), I had to stop after a couple and cut the weight back quite a bit because of some pain in my knee. Last weekend I was skiing and I wiped out on a run in a lot of powder and my binding didn't release and I twisted my knee. It was kind of sore and I took it easy for a couple of days and it seemed to feel better after a day or two and I haven't felt it at all while running. I guess whatever I did still hasn't completely healed and I'll have to be careful with it for a while. This is probably another good reason for not racing anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment