Monday, February 8, 2010

2/8/10 - 9 miles - progressive/tempo run

I wasn't able to run with the Kenyan Way group this morning because I needed to be in relatively early to work, but Sean had suggested last week I stick to progressive or tempo runs for some of my harder workouts while I work on getting my mileage back up and recuperating my hamstring. I set out at lunch to do an 8 mile progressive run with a 1 mile cool down starting at 7:30 pace and dropping 15 seconds per mile and seeing if I could close at 5:45. If my leg started bothering me, I would shut it down a little early. I started out a little quicker than I had planned and hit my first two miles in 7:20 and 6:55. The next two were 6:35 and 6:15. My leg was feeling ok, so I decided to take it down to 6:00 pace. I was having to work a little at 6:00 pace and my hamstring was feeling alright, but I decided that was a quick enough pace for the day so I cruised the next 4 miles at 6:00 pace. I ran the run with my orthotics and my hamstring sleeve which has helped quite a bit. I did an easy 8:00 mile for a cooldown for a total of 9 miles in just under 1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment