Sunday, February 7, 2010

2/7//10 - 6.1 miles - 41 minutes

I ran just over 6 miles on Sunday afternoon with my orthotics and hamstrings sleeve and felt pretty good on the run. I did a loop from my house through the park over to Post Oak lane, down to Woodway and back through the park and back home. I was in a hurry to finish the run and get to a Super Bowl party so I decided to pick up the pace some in the middle of the run. I knocked out a couple of 6:15 miles, but I was kind of disappointed by how much effort those miles seemed to take. I thought those should be a piece of cake, but I was working harder than I thought I should be. I did about 49 miles in the past week which I was happy with for my first week back to running. It may just be that my body is getting used to the mileage again and that is why I've been feeling a little slow the last few days. I have a 4 day weekend next weekend so I'm hoping to be able to get a 18 - 20 mile long run in if my legs are doing ok and get my weekly mileage into the 55 - 60 range. I'm planning on taking next Wednesday off since I'll be traveling for work so we'll see how my legs do and if I can increase my mileage on a 6 day week.

No comments:

Post a Comment