Tuesday, March 31, 2009

20 days to Boston

The Boston marathon is 20 days out and it's hard to believe it is coming up that fast. I got my packet pickup card in the mail on Saturday and my bib # is 1456. I'm getting pretty pumped about the race and I feel good about my fitness level. I've felt strong and hit the times I've wanted to hit on my past few hard workouts and I've had two really strong 20+ mile runs on hilly terrain in Conroe. I only have a few really tough workouts left and I'll really start to taper back next week. I'm going for a 2:45 marathon if the weather cooperates. Only one out of the last three years really had ideal conditions for running a good time. 2006 had 70 degree temperatures, 2007 was ideal, and 2008 was very windy. If the weather conditions are hot or windy, I'm going to slow down my first half and try to just be able to finish strong instead of going for a specific time and blowing up in the 2nd half of the race. Maybe if the weather conditions are bad, I'll elbow my way to the front of my corral and go all out and try to run with Ryan Hall for the first 1/2 mile and get my face on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment