Sunday, March 1, 2009

8 miles easy, afternoon massage

I got up this morning and ran over to the park to run a couple laps with some teammates from my work team that is running the Texas Independence Relay this weekend. For those who don't know, it is a 200 mile relay race with 40 legs and you can have 8 - 12 people on your team. I think they also allow 4 man, 2 man, and solo teams for the ultra-nutcases out there. We drive out about 200 miles west of Houston and then run from there back to Houston and it ends at the San Jacinto monument just east of Houston. We have 12 people on our team assuming nobody pulls out with an injury this week.

It was pretty chilly out this morning - mid 30's and windy so I got a chance to break out the winter running gear one more time. It would have been pretty comfortable out without the wind. We ran fairly easy the first lap - averaged about 7:40 pace. A couple of the guys wanted to do a lap at their tempo pace so we ran the second lap at about a 6:52 pace and then I cruised back home for a total of 8 miles on the day. This weather has been nuts. I had to turn on the A/C in the house on Friday because it was getting so hot and today it's back to heating the house. I went out and had a massage this afternoon and I feel great now. I'll be out at the morning hill workout tomorrow and then I'll enjoy taking Tuesday off after 15 days of running in a row. With today's run, I've done 55 miles in the last 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment