Monday, March 2, 2009

Kenyan Way Hills - 8 miles

My legs felt great this morning after getting a massage. I did a 2 mile warmup from my house to the corner of Memorial and Shepherd and did some drills and strides. Sean told the people running Boston to go to a different hill course, but I wasn't sure where it was and I wanted to run with Bill since I knew I would get a great workout running with him. We did 22 hills in the 20 minutes. I'm not sure of the total mileage but I'm guessing that we did at least 3 miles. It was a tough workout, but today was definitely the strongest I've felt for a workout in at least a couple of weeks. I think I was pretty consistent with my pace during the workout. After the workout I did a 3 mile cooldown to get to 8 miles on the day. My legs felt so good, I'm contemplating not taking the day off tomorrow and deferring it until sometime later when I feel like I need it more. I'm guessing I may need a day off next Monday. I will probably be running 4 legs of the relay over a 24 hour period and I'm sure I'll be exhausted afterwards and wanting a day off then.

No comments:

Post a Comment