Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weights and 6 miles easy

The weather was kind of bad at lunch so I decided to do some weights in the gym and hold off on my run until after work. I did about 35 minutes of lifting, doing a good mix of upper and lower body stuff. I tried to make sure I wasn't doing too much weight and I definitely focused a little more on strengthening my quads and hamstrings. I have definitely slacked off this year in getting into the weight room. As I try to get my mileage up, I have less time available so the weights have been getting squeezed out. After the Boston marathon, I'm going to make an effort to try to lift twice a week on a regular basis. I think lifting regularly helps my form, helps prevent injuries and makes me tougher and more relaxed when I run.

Between a hard hill workout on Monday and weights at lunch, my legs were pretty dead for the run. I did 6 miles at 7:40 pace at the park. It felt pretty good. I was just running easy and relaxed and not pushing it. I wanted to try to have a little something in the tank for Wednesday's 8 mile tempo run.

No comments:

Post a Comment