Friday, March 13, 2009

8 miles in the cold and light rain

Brrrrr. It was chilly out there. When I started my run, the temp was in the mid 40's with 90% humidity and the windchill was about 40. The first mile or two were kind of cold and I had to pull my hands inside the sleeves on my shirt. After 1-1/2 - 2 miles I was warmed up enough that I could pull my hands out and run without any problems. The park was really empty. I think I've gone running at 9:30 pm and seen more people than were out there about 1:00 pm today. The run was pretty uneventful. I did the 8 miles in 55:23, about a 6:55 average. I finished the run at about 6:40 - 6:45 pace. Tomorrow I'm heading up to Conroe bright and early for 24 miles as long as it isn't raining a bunch. If it is raining hard up there when I get up, I think I'll just stay down here and run sometime when it isn't raining. My hamstring hasn't bothered me at all this week which is good news and everything else seems to be doing ok. The next 3 weeks are going to be pretty exhausting with two 24 milers planned and several high mileage weeks getting ready for Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment