Monday, March 16, 2009

5 miles easy, weights and core work

I did some weights and core work at lunch on Monday and then went running in the evening after work. In my past experience, I've found that doing weights on a a fairly consistent basis helps me recover from injuries and stay injury free. I focused more on my legs and did a lot of core work and stretching. After work I was contemplating doing a hill workout on a treadmill. I decided to go outside and do a 4 - 5 mile warmup and see how everything felt. Part of me really wanted to get in a good hill workout and 9 - 10 miles total, but I also know that one workout isn't going to make or break Boston for me and I don't want to do anything dumb. I tend to be kind of hard headed sometimes and keep training until my body forces me to take a break. I ran the 5 miles at about 7:30 pace and my hamstring felt decent, but my legs were just exhausted from 40 miles in 3 days and lifting at lunch. I also knew that the last time I did a long run on the hills in Conroe Sean told me not to do hills on Monday so I decided to call it good at 5 miles and spend some extra time stretching. I think that I will do my hard workout on Tuesday this week and see how I feel. If things are feeling good at the end of the week, I will probably try to run a 5k, if not, I'll just stick to doing my regular mileage and trying to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment