Monday, March 23, 2009

Kenyan Way hill workout - 9 miles total

I had a good workout this morning despite the alarm going off at about 5:15 am. I did a 3 mile warmup, 25 minutes of hill repeats and a 3 mile cooldown. We did a little bit longer/steeper hill than we normally do and Sean made us walk down the hill after each repeat. I got 25 repeats in during the 25 minutes. I'll call it 3 miles but I'm not sure exactly how long it was. I felt pretty good - my hamstring felt ok which was good. I didn't know if the hill workout was going to stress it more since I was doing shorter, more explosive sprints than my normal speed workouts. I did a 3 mile cooldown back to the house after the workout and stretched for a few minutes before heading off to work. This is going to be one of my tougher weeks culminating with a 24 mile long run this weekend. I'll probably be going up to Conroe for it to get one more tough run in on the hills up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment