Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday - day off

Between being pressed for time, lack of motivation, and injury avoidance I took the day off. Lunch was the only time of the day that I could run and I was starving when lunchtime came around so I decided to get lunch instead of running. I feel like I'm pushing the limits of not overtraining and getting injured. My hamstring's been kind of tight for a few weeks and flared up a little after last weekend's 24 miler and I've also had a little discomfort in the muscle or tendon that goes across one of my arches. I think taking a day off will do just as much for me mentally as giving me an extra day to recover from my aches and pains. Sometimes I wonder what I'm going to be like when I get old if I feel like I'm always walking around now with minor aches and pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment