Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday - 8 miles

I headed out the door about 4:00 pm to put in 8 miles at the park. I decided to wear my long sleeve Boston Marathon shirt to keep more of the sun off of me. It's sort of a florescent yellow color that you can see from quite a ways away. I think I got a few funny looks from people wondering why I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, but I don't think it was really much worse than wearing a short sleeve shirt or no shirt and having the sun beat down on me. My mile splits were 7:41, 7:23, 7:26, 7:22, 7:16, 7:15, 7:30, 7:16. I felt pretty good considering how hot it was out. I stopped for water at the water fountains twice during the run. In this weather it's important not to get dehydrated. Hopefully I didn't wear myself out too much for Saturday's long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment