Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday - 8 miles easy

I didn't get a chance to run until after work on Tuesday. It actually finally rained in Houston which cooled the temperature off a little bit and it was only 86 degrees with a heat index of 95 instead of the usual low 90's temperature and upper 90's - 100 heat index. This was a tough run. I was kind of tired and running slow and not really motivated. The first 5 miles were pretty tough and I didn't feel relaxed or quick and most of my miles were in the 7:40 - 7:45 range. I thought about cutting the run short to 6 miles since I was going to be doing a hard workout Wednesday morning and I wasn't feeling that great on the run, but I decided that I needed to tough it out and do the 8 miles that I set out to do. Finally after about 5 miles I started feeling a little more relaxed and was able to pick up the pace and start running sub 7:30 pace. It's not real quick for me, but it felt a lot better and I wasn't straining to do it and it was still quite warm out. I finished the 8 miles in 61 minutes which works out to about a 7:38 average. I was able to get the miles in and not push it too hard to have something left for the Wednesday workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment